Wednesday, March 20, 2024

2024 Newport Bermuda Race

 

 Here on the East Coast, Spring has arrived....sort of. I am looking forward to signing up to crew a boat for a race or two this year. If you are a longtime sailor or are just getting into it like I am, then you should definitely watch out for the 53rd running of the Newport Bermuda Race.

Held every two years in June, this 636 nautical mile offshore race takes competitors from Newport, Rhode Island to the famed lighthouse and Royal Bermuda Yacht Club in Hamilton, Bermuda. 

If there’s a boat out there that needs some extra crew members for the race, hit me up. My skills? Minimal. But I’ll provide good ballast on the rails. Of my small skill set, I’m most proud of my culinary talents. My signature dish? Cold cereal. Don’t all jump at once to contact me.

Information about the race can be found at the link below:

https://bermudarace.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment