Sunday, June 30, 2024

Safety at Sea

Yesterday, I attended an offshore Safety at Sea course. If you are into boating at all, I would strongly recommend it. I would call it a great course where you have the daylights scared out of you, but all for a good cause. During the course, one of the instructors mentioned that during the Newport to Bermuda race this year, two boats were sunk.

All of the people onboard survived, but these incidents, much like the course were a stark reminder of the dangers that travelers, adventurers, and explorers face. There is no way to remove the threat of dangerous encounters from the things that we do, but preparation is key. For any and everyone, I will I would recommend a first aid course, at a minimum. Staying prepared helps to minimize the damage of danger.

No comments:

Post a Comment